At Carolina Center for Restorative Dentistry, we pride ourselves on skill and innovation and have collected some of our most popular technologies below. If you would like more information about any of these technologies, we welcome you to contact our office today.
Digital technologies represent the latest that dentistry has to offer. They are safer compared to previous generation radiographs, better for the environment, and allow us to store your personal information safely.
These innovations include:
- In-Office Lab— Our in-office lab allows us to manufacture crowns so you can receive same-day treatment.
- Digital impressions—No goopy pastes or impression materials but a comfortable electronic modeling system for your restorations and prosthetics.
- Digital Records—A safer way to store your data, with easy retrieval for comparison or to share information with insurance companies or other specialists.
- Digital Sensors—A small and comfortable mouthpiece that captures safer images from inside your mouth.
- Digital X-Rays—Your prosthodontist can take pictures below the surface of your teeth and gums to aid in diagnostics and treatment planning.
- Panoramic X-Rays—A technology that captures landscape images of your entire oral profile. This gives your prosthodontist a complete view for superior treatment planning.
- 3-D Cone Beam—When it comes to dental implants and restorations, 3-D cone beam plays a significant role in image-guided planning for your new smile.
Your comfort is essential to our team, which is why we offer services for relaxation or just to make you feel at home!
Nitrous oxide is a safe gas that your Mt. Pleasant, SC prosthodontist delivers through a nasal mask. It allows you to feel at ease and detached from your treatment. The gas also wears off immediately when the mask is removed, so you can drive yourself home from our dental office.
Televisions in Exam Rooms
Life is busy, and grabbing a few moments for yourself can feel like a rare treat. Enjoy a favorite movie or catch up on a much-loved program while our team tends to your oral health.
Laser dentistry provides less invasive dental treatments and promotes faster healing. With this technology, there is little to no bleeding, and it helps eliminate stress.
Your Mt. Pleasant, SC prosthodontist uses laser dentistry in several capacities, including periodontal treatments and in the correction of gummy smiles.
Intraoral cameras play a critical role in patient education. These small pen-like cameras take pictures of your teeth and gums. Your prosthodontist can then project these images on an exam-room monitor and explain his findings or any treatment recommendations. You can see exactly what your dentist sees. This technology also helps you make informed choices for your oral health.
Electric handpieces are quieter, less jarring, and provide a more precise dental treatment. With this technology, you can rest assured we are using the latest instruments to look after your smile.